Current Study: JESUS THE STORYTELLER Dates: September 24, 2017 - October 29, 2017
Jesus told many stories that illustrated key truths of the Good News. He used these parables to shock, challenge, amuse, answer, and encourage His listeners. Some of these special teaching tools demonstrated what joys or sorrows could await those who practice or ignore the teachings of Christ and His Word. And they still hold rich wisdom for listeners today.
1. The Sower and the Soils, Mark 4:1-9;14-20
2. The Unmerciful Servant, Matt. 18:21-35
3. The Good Samaritan, Luke 10:25-37
4. The Father of Two Lost Sons, Luke 15:11-32
5. The Pharisee and the Tax Collector, Luke 18:9-14
6. The Wicked Tenants, Matt. 21:33-46
• Gain a better understanding of how God teaches us and allows us to respond.
• See that God is active and in control, now and forever.
• Learn that God’s desire is that we will be changed, renewed, and reconciled with Him.
Our home-based Bible studies are awesome.
Designed to provide you with encouragement, fun and learning; our community groups are the perfect way to truly connect. These home-based groups meet in 6-8 week chunks, depending on the study. You can join a group anytime they are rolling, but why wait? Sign Up to join a group near you!
What are Community Groups?
Community Groups are small groups of people that meet in homes on a weekly basis for approximately an hour and a half. These groups encourage friendships, and Biblical conversation in a relaxing environment. Depending on the study, our groups meet anywhere from 6-8 weeks, during the Spring and Fall months.
What are the groups about?
Every host home is different depending on the leader's gifts and passions. Each group, however, participates in the same Bible study at the same time. Each week's session may consist of music, encouragement, fun, discussion, prayer and even food...chocolate if you're lucky.
Where do they meet?
We have host homes in various locations in our community, so you won't have to travel very far to attend.
Are there any age requirements for the groups?
No. We want you to bring your whole family! We encourage the fellowship of all ages in each group so we can learn from one another. In our groups there is a curriculum for every age. During discussion time, children are supervised, but separate from the adults.